Sunday, October 04, 2009

Poor leaky Alexia


I stopped by Samurai Motosport on my way down to a beach party in Newport. Nigel was there to give me a quote and possibly confirm I am to be very poor and without a bike for the next while. $300 is all the spending money I have each paycheck, and 1/2 of that goes to bills. If it was going to cost that much to get Alexia fixed, it was going to take a few paychecks to save up for her.

Nigel cringed when he saw the condition Alexia was in. Squishy front breaks and a bald rear is not the best condition to be riding your bike. He said a new seal would run about $6o, and since my pads were soaked he was strongly suggesting new pads, about $40. Service would be about an hour, and they are $65 an hour. $65, no way?!? Way!! So I am looking at roughly $150 for my front end issues. Yeah!!! I told him he had the job. We scheduled me to bring Alexia by on the 10th and he could do the service while I waited.

Next up, new tire. That's about an hour, but Nigel suggested I search around myself for a tire as I can probably find one cheaper than him ordering one. We'll hash out those details on the 10th.

2 comments:

d_yang1 on October 28, 2009 1:38 PM said...

I can't say I've done my motorcycle's brake pad replacement but I've done my car's. I can't imagine it taking 2 hours, although $65 is actually a good labor cost. Hmmm, motorcycling and sewing? And I thought my anime and motorcycling was a weird mix of hobbies. My own speeding ticket on a bike taught me an expensive lesson I'm hoping to learn for good.

Safe travels,
Dave

Unknown on January 04, 2010 3:54 PM said...

Angi, don't know if this is the correct place to put this message but I coudn't find any contact info. I have co-founded a site that provides advice and suppport for injured riders. It is www.ride-again.com. We are looking for content providers for a two week period beginning January 11. We are asking for content to be posted 3 times per week in that period. I know you have a lot going on, but we would love to have you. Feel free to use it to direct people to your blogs as well. Please check the site out, and let me know if you can participate. motorcycle.moses@gmail.com thanks

 

Angi the Biker Chick