Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Holy crap on a cracker!


I did a bit of cleaning over the weekend and decided to remove my windscreen to give it a good cleaning, and to clean parts of my bike that have not seen a cleaning rag since I put the windscreen on about four years ago. Later that day I had an eye appt and jumped on my bike without putting the screen on. I got home later and discovered some of the nuts & bolts fell off, which means I can't put the screen on.
Holy crap!!! It has been years since I road without a windscreen and boy have I been sissyfied! My neck is SORE! I have a "hang on for dear life" feeling while riding, not to mention a feeling of not being able to breath deeply. Whoa.
I emailed Memphis Shades for replacement nuts and bolts, but I am not holding my breath. I have emailed them in the past and have either been ignored, or sent the wrong parts. I'll let cha know.

5 comments:

Chessie (Chesshirecat) on October 11, 2009 4:12 PM said...

If it's nuts and bolts, go to your local nut bolt broker. Look in the yellow pages under "FASTNERS".

Bring your windscreen, and your bike. (Might mean you will need someone to follow you there.)

Tell the guy behind the counter what your doing. I'll bet ya bucks he will come out and help ya get the correct stainless steel nuts and bolts for the windscreen.

GoGo on November 24, 2013 5:19 PM said...

Yeah, good luck with that. They make great products but their customer service contact leaves a bunch to be desired.

Unknown on May 16, 2014 5:58 AM said...

Hi.Am Eric.from India
Interesting.Am also looking for original wind screen for my Yamaha RD 350.She keeps on lying as I am unable to zip her. Am 50 yes. Do u drive her daily.

Unknown on May 16, 2014 5:59 AM said...

Hi.Am Eric.from India
Interesting.Am also looking for original wind screen for my Yamaha RD 350.She keeps on lying as I am unable to zip her. Am 50 yes. Do u drive her daily.

Unknown on July 10, 2014 8:45 PM said...

Hi. I am also Eric from India and have re- built 1986 RD 350 to almost perfect condition. Problem is that am mentally not prepared to come in a mood to run her as a result she keeps on lying idle in the garage built especially for her.

 

Angi the Biker Chick